Experienced Therapists Waiting to Assist You
Our team of experienced therapists at Associated Counselling are looking forward to meeting you:
Christine Forner (BA, BSW, MSW, RSW)
Christine Forner (BA, BSW, MSW, RSW) has over 30 years of clinical experience offering effective and distinctive counselling. For the past 20 years, Christine has specialized in working with individuals with Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders, Traumatic Dissociation, Developmental Trauma, Dissociative Disorders, and the effects of stress on the physical, emotional, mental, and imaginative aspects of our being us.
Other important facts about Christine:
- Christine has specialized training in EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Psychotherapeutic Meditation techniques and Neurofeedback.
- She has also developed meditation methods for new moms and dads who may be experiencing difficulty with nursing and/or want to enhance the early bonding experience.
- Christine has taught locally and at an international level on the issue of Trauma and Traumatic Dissociation
- Christine has been working with individuals who are considered difficult/complex in the area of trauma for over two decades.
- Christine is the Immediate Past President for the International Society for the Study of Trauma.
- Christine was the recipient of the 2011 ISSTD President’s Award for her dedication to the development of the student and emerging professional committee and to the society and an ISSTD fellowship in 2012 for outstanding service to the field of dissociation and the ISSTD.
- Christine additionally works with children, adolescents, and adults who are gifted.
Misty Brigham (BA, MSW, RSW)
Misty Brigham (BA, MSW, RSW) began working at Associated Counselling in 2011. Misty has a strong interest and experience with clients who have experienced complex trauma, depression, anxiety and dissociation. Prior to her work in the area of trauma and dissociation, she has worked as a senior level counsellor in a residential treatment facility for behaviourally and emotionally challenged youth.
Other interesting facts about Misty:
- Misty has a long-standing interest in working to help clients who have experienced significant and complex trauma to heal from these experiences. While she enjoys working with adults, she has a particular interest in aiding children and adolescents to process through their traumatic experiences.
- Misty is trained in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Hypnosis, Neurofeedback, Havening, and other trauma focused modalities.
- Misty has also taught at the ISSTD international conference.
- Misty follows the philosophy of collaborative counselling, whereby the client is viewed as an expert in their own life and as such is encouraged to take an active role in the counselling process. The therapeutic relationship is built on the grounds of mutual trust and learning.
Carol Korenowski (MC, BA, BCR, Registered Provisional Psychologist and Certified Canadian Counsellor)
Carol Korenowski has served and supported vulnerable populations for over 10 years offering therapy, advocacy, education, assessment and support. In recent years, Carol has provided individual, couple, and family counselling in non-profit community agencies to clients with varied concerns including trauma, depression, anxiety, stress, grief, domestic violence and relational distress. Carol has a strong passion for helping clients with trauma and dissociation.
From her own history of trauma and healing, Carol has a deep capacity to provide compassionate care, and has cultivated a counselling approach where clients feel seen, heard and encouraged. Carol focuses on authentically connecting with people in a process of growth through safety, self-awareness, acceptance, emotional health and courage.
Other interesting facts about Carol:
- Carol earned her three degrees with distinction: Master of Counselling (Gonzaga University, 2018), Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (U of C, 2010) and Bachelor of Community Rehabilitation & Disability Studies (U of C, 2010).
- Carol has training in Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) and trauma-informed care.
- Carol builds effective therapeutic relationships with her clients through empathy, compassion and curiosity. She empowers clients to be vulnerable and heal using attachment-based theories integrating a mind, body and emotion focus.
- Carol deeply values each person’s physical, mental, emotional and relational health.
- Carol enjoys yoga, kickboxing, reading, camping, and time with her family and friends.
Learn more about us and our approach. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. Our team is looking forward to guiding you on the start of your path to self-discovery today.