Experienced Therapists Waiting to Assist You
Our team of experienced therapists at Associated Counselling are looking forward to meeting you:
Christine Forner (BA, BSW, MSW, Registered Social Worker)
Christine Forner (BA, BSW, MSW, Registered Social Worker) has over 14 years of clinical experience offering effective and distinctive counselling. For the past 10 years, Christine has specialized in working with individuals with Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders, Traumatic Dissociation, Developmental Trauma, Dissociative Disorders, and the effects of stress on the physical, emotional, mental, and imaginative aspects of our being us.
Other important facts about Christine:
- Christine has specialized training in EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Psychotherapeutic Meditation techniques and Neurofeedback.
- She has also developed meditation methods for new moms and dads who may be experiencing difficulty with nursing and/or want to enhance the early bonding experience.
- Christine has taught locally and at an international level on the issue of Trauma and Traumatic Dissociation, being the lead presenter for the Trauma and Dissociation 101 course offered for the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation’s annual conference for the last two years.
- Christine has been working with individuals who are considered difficult/complex in the area of trauma for over a decade.
- Christine is the founder of the Creative Meditation technique and Medial Prefrontal Cortex Processing (MPFC processing) for Trauma and Dissociation, which has been found to be beneficial.
- Christine is the treasurer for the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation and a board member, serving her third year-term. As well as being a board member, she is the Chair of the Student and Emerging Professional Committee and a member of the Conference Committee for the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation.
- Christine was the recipient of the 2011 ISSTD President’s Award for her dedication to the development of the student and emerging professional committee and to the society and an ISSTD fellowship in 2012 for outstanding service to the field of dissociation and the ISSTD.
- Christine additionally works with children, adolescents, and adults who are gifted.
Misty Brigham (BA, MSW, RSW)
Misty Brigham (BA, MSW, RSW) began working at Associated Counselling in 2011. Misty has a strong interest and experience with clients who have experienced complex trauma, depression, anxiety and dissociation. Prior to her work in the area of trauma and dissociation for the last six years, she has worked as a senior level counsellor in a residential treatment facility for behaviourally and emotionally challenged youth. In addition, she completed her last practicum engaging in clinical work with individuals and families at the Southern Alberta HIV clinic.
Other interesting facts about Misty:
- Misty has a long-standing interest in working to help clients who have experienced significant and complex trauma to heal from these experiences. While she enjoys working with adults, she has a particular interest in aiding children and adolescents to process through their traumatic experiences.
- Misty completed Level 1 Sensorimotor Psychotherapy in October 2012 and is intending to further her training with Level II.
- Misty has also completed intensive training in incorporating Neurofeedback into clinical practice and is well-versed in treatment protocols to address and treat past trauma.
- Misty has also taught at the ISSTD international conference in the area of MPFC processing.
- Misty follows the philosophy of collaborative counselling, whereby the client is viewed as an expert in their own life and as such is encouraged to take an active role in the counselling process. The therapeutic relationship is built on the grounds of mutual trust and learning.
Learn more about us and our approach. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. Our team is looking forward to guiding you on the start of your path to self-discovery today.